POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Color Generation: How do I get rid of pink. : Re: Color Generation: How do I get rid of pink. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:19:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Color Generation: How do I get rid of pink.
From: oldmicah
Date: 13 Jul 2003 11:25:01
Message: <web.3f117928fe91850d9cfc34200@news.povray.org>
Yup, been trying something close to that. I've been looking at the initial
red value and then trying to adjust the green and blue so that they
produced less pink.  Modulating the blue based on my red and green values
would have been easier.

The problem I've been running into is that there are a wide range of colors
I don't like.  i.e. playing around with a color sampler (rgb 255), these
are some of colors (ranges)  I consider 'annoying' pinks:
255, 175, (255 through 170)
255, 129, (255 through 120)
255, (0-230), 240
255, 129, 180
200,0, (160 through 75)
180,0, (180 through 75)
170,0,(130 through 110)
170,(0 through 70), 90

The killer has been that I can get the undisirable pinks in a red range of
170-255, green range of 0-230, and blue range of 75-255.  I've been amazed
at the sheer number of pinks I don't like. :)  I could definitely write  a
large block of logic that avoids all of those ranges, and that may be the
least painful option available.

I was hoping for some sort of color space magic bullet like: "to avoid
annoying pinks, add the arctangent of green + blue to the red".  Of course,
I also hope for world peace, but I don't want to give up on either hope
just yet.

thanks,
Steven