POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : random placement of objects : random placement of objects Server Time
4 Aug 2024 06:17:54 EDT (-0400)
  random placement of objects
From: netquest
Date: 8 Jul 2003 13:10:01
Message: <web.3f0afa4b950a689e5f8006bd0@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I'm in the process of creating a number of basic objects using the *declare*
statement. Ultimately, I'd like to have a large collection of objects from
which a subset would be randomly selected and placed on a flat surface,
with each of these scenes being rendered and saved.  The objects should not
overlap.  Suggestions on how this may be accomplished would be appreciated.
 Currently, I'm only creating objects from the basic primitives with
different colours and textures and a known maximum size.

Thanks.