POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Fitting a gothic trefoil into an equilateral triangle : Re: Fitting a gothic trefoil into an equilateral triangle Server Time
4 Aug 2024 14:21:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fitting a gothic trefoil into an equilateral triangle
From: LibraryMan
Date: 2 Jul 2003 15:05:01
Message: <web.3f032ba9a1d38d6b738e706a0@news.povray.org>
INVALID_ADDRESS wrote:

>Next tasks :)
The trick of omitting the closing "}" of the object created by Ring will
help (look at the end of the Trefoil macro where I used this trick).

Yes, that closing "}" really confused me.  I didn't really understand why it
was necessary, especially when I couldn't find the opening "{".
(Did it have anything to do with your commented-out statement about the
closing "}" being omitted for to allow for translations? )
I'd never before noticed any other examples of macro calling with {}'s.
()'s, yes!

I suppose I'd better go study macros some more.  (But then, that's part of
my problem about slow progress:  Every scene component I attempt to add
involves an episode of "that doesn't do AT ALL what I wanted/expected," and
I have to reverse myself and do so much doc-reading (which introduces me to
yet more confusing concepts, spawning yet more tangents..)

--Mark