POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Objects at large distances disappear (No matter how large they are) : Objects at large distances disappear (No matter how large they are) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:15:47 EDT (-0400)
  Objects at large distances disappear (No matter how large they are)
From: bardland
Date: 29 Jun 2003 13:20:01
Message: <web.3eff1f21304fa07162c525300@news.povray.org>
I'm modelling the solar system, using the scale 1meter=1 povray unit.
However, I'm having trouble with objects disappearing when they're located
too far from the camera. I haven't found the exact distance, but it's
somewhere between 11000000.0 units and 10000000.0 units in distance.

So; the question I'm asking is this:
Is there a way to increase the distance to the "far clipping plane" of the
camera in povray?
Of course I can scale everything down, that works as a workaround, but I'm a
curious guy, and it would be interesting to learn why povray works in this
way.

David Ahlard, Stockholm, Sweden