POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pigment Map Question : Pigment Map Question Server Time
4 Aug 2024 06:14:57 EDT (-0400)
  Pigment Map Question
From: Brian
Date: 28 Jun 2003 20:00:02
Message: <web.3efe2ba0c5ffd77767a4524c0@news.povray.org>
Hi everyone!

I am going through the tutorials and have come to Section 3.9.4 "Working
With Pigment Maps".

I copied the example given in this section yet, when I rendered it I got the
following Error Message:

File: C:\Program Files\POV-Ray for Windows
v3.5\scenes\textures\finishes\pigmentdemo.pov Line: 3
#declare Pigment1 = pigment {

checker color Black <----ERROR

Parse Error: No matching } in 'pigment', undeclared identifier 'Black' found
instead

The code that I copied, exactly, from Section 3.9.4 is as follows (it's
included here so someone can have a look at it and see where it is screwed
up):

 // simple Black on White checkboard... it's a classic
  #declare Pigment1 = pigment {
    checker color Black color White
    scale .1
  }
  // kind of a "psychedelic rings" effect
  #declare Pigment2 = pigment {
    wood
    color_map {
      [ 0.0 Red ]
      [ 0.3 Yellow ]
      [ 0.6 Green ]
      [ 1.0 Blue ]
    }
  }
  plane {
    -z, 0
    pigment {
      gradient x
      pigment_map {
        [ 0.0 Pigment1 ]
        [ 0.5 Pigment2 ]
        [ 1.0 Pigment1 ]
      }
    }
  }

I thank you all in advance for your help!

Thanx,
Brian :-)