POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PowerMac G5 implications : Re: PowerMac G5 implications Server Time
26 Apr 2024 04:22:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PowerMac G5 implications
From: William Pokorny
Date: 26 Jun 2003 09:05:01
Message: <web.3efaeeb81b6e269cb0bd6d4b0@news.povray.org>
Thomas, I played with the chess2.pov benchmark a couple years ago on the
same 375mhz processor. With simple optimizations I saw about the
performance you saw. I was able to get it down to about 21 minutes using a
bunch of optimizations, but never really understood why the performance was
so much slower than comparable powerPC processors in Macs...
Bill P.