POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : animations on linux/unix : Re: animations on linux/unix Server Time
8 Jul 2024 18:13:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: animations on linux/unix
From: bill berggren
Date: 25 Jun 2003 04:25:02
Message: <web.3ef95b1c69546ce77875901b0@news.povray.org>
TMPGEnc works with wine :).  All you need is the frames as p0001.jpg,
p0002.jpg, ... and then click on p0001.jpg as the video source.  .wavs work
too for the sound.  Also, TMPGenc has awesome mpegtools in
the first menu, to do basically anything you want with mpeg1 or mpeg2
(DVD).

mencoder is the easiest if you don't need sound and can use .pngs or .jpgs.
Here is an example script.  Also look into mpegtools.

mencoder \*.jpg -mf on:fps=5 -ovc lavc -lavcopTs vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=500
-o test.avi