POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Poser-type modelling under Linux? : Poser-type modelling under Linux? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 08:23:28 EDT (-0400)
  Poser-type modelling under Linux?
From: John Gay
Date: 24 Jun 2003 23:40:01
Message: <web.3ef918d2aaa3746388af71bd0@news.povray.org>
I know there are many different modellers, even for Linux. But what I'm
looking for is something similar to Poser or what you see being used for
Computer animated movies where you can define a model from a skeleton with
mass and flesh for posing and moving purposes which can then export the
results on a POV-Ray friendly format for rendering.

Most of the modelling tools I have seen work with meshes or NURBS but these
do not lend themselves to the types of poses/motions I am looking for. Does
anyone know what I'm talking about, and better still can you recommend
something?

Cheer,

     John Gay