POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : .TER heightfield format patch available : Re: .TER heightfield format patch available Server Time
28 Sep 2024 19:46:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: .TER heightfield format patch available
From: Włodzimierz ABX Skiba
Date: 17 Jun 2003 12:20:02
Message: <web.3eef3f92b290ca4e8ae0d1080@news.povray.org>
Ray Gardener wrote:
> I think POVLEGAL would phrase
> it better to say "The POV-Team is not responsible for supporting
> custom versions, and patch developers must not claim or imply
> that it is." because that's the spirit of the agreement.

as a side note see bottom frame at
http://megapov.inetart.net/manual/appendices.html#megapov_authors

> > BTW 1, it would be great if in TER patch some sample TER file could be attached
> > with sample scene.
>
> There's a sample Leveller TER available at
> http://www.daylongraphics.com/products/leveller/download/testdoc.zip

Thanks, will see it.

> > BTW 3, your changes in sources are nicely documented but would it be possible to
> > change naming of switches to something with PATCH string? See
> > http://megapov.inetart.net/manual/internals.html#markup for details.
>
> "DAYLON" is a standard mod identifier prefix my company uses.
> I have tools that grep for it through several other
> projects, etc. so it's not going to change.

your grep will not catch DAYLON_OGL_PATCH, DAYLON_TER_PATCH ?

> What I really wanted to do was patch POV so that it didn't
> bother retaining filetype info after texture loading anyway,
> because it's unnecessary.

I do not investigated details but I wonder if it makes your patch compatible
with 'IO restrictions' idea introduced in 3.5?

ABX