POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : OT Windows shortcut question : Re: OT Windows shortcut question Server Time
1 Jul 2024 01:59:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OT Windows shortcut question
From: LibraryMan
Date: 17 Jun 2003 12:15:01
Message: <web.3eef3e1db45f6ade738e706a0@news.povray.org>
mcavoys wrote:
>On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 11:36:52 EDT, "LibraryMan" <mrm### [at] attnet> wrote:
>
>>Is there a command switch that could be used with the 'Run' line, or in a
>>batch file, that opens an application maximized?  Say, for instance, might
>>it be:
>>ex:  c:\windows\mshearts.exe -M  ??
>
>If it's an EXE you can edit the properties to run Maximised in the programme
>tab.
>Regards
>        Stephen

I know, but what I actually did was to write a little 'script' that swaps
out the active "cards.dll" file depending on which solitaire game my wife
wants to play (two different games that have incompatible DLL files, but
unfortunately they're named the same).
So the icon that starts the game is actually starting a minimized batch file
which first copies appropriate file to the name "cards.dll," then starts
the game, hopefully maximized.  And yes, she *might* get a little put-out
if all of the sudden she has to start maximizing when she didn't have to
before, because I'd been "messing with her computer again" ;-)

--LibraryMan