POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Fitting a gothic trefoil into an equilateral triangle : Fitting a gothic trefoil into an equilateral triangle Server Time
4 Aug 2024 08:21:35 EDT (-0400)
  Fitting a gothic trefoil into an equilateral triangle
From: LibraryMan
Date: 12 Jun 2003 15:25:01
Message: <web.3ee8d340930262bc738e706a0@news.povray.org>
I am trying to figure out, because my geometry is weak, how to create a
Gothic trefoil design (http://www.newyorkcarver.com/geometry/Trifoil.htm)
fitting "comfortably" within another equilateral arch
(http://www.newyorkcarver.com/geometry/equilarch.htm).

Or, put another way, how to fit three mutually equidistant congruent circles
such that each circle is tangent to two adjacent sides of an equilateral
triangle.
Maybe someone could help me express the numeric relationships based on an
eq. triangle with one side = "x"?

Thanks!