POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Architecture - Whoville : Re: Architecture - Whoville Server Time
1 May 2024 00:38:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Architecture - Whoville
From: gonzo
Date: 11 Jun 2003 20:05:00
Message: <web.3ee7c2daabd934bca0c272b50@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter wrote:
>This image has a very contained feel.  No swinging for the fences
>here,... rather we have a competent, workmanly basehit.
>The stylization is borrowed from childrens literature, specifically Dr.
>Seuss.  The smoothed, generalized handling carries throughout the
>picture giving toylike sense to world portrayed.  It has the slightly
>campy effect of showing familiar aspects of our own world parodied in an
>analogue, cartoon world.
>
>-Jim

This was one of my personal favorites, but then, I've always been a sucker
for Dr Seuss....

I had actually thought of doing a Seuss-like image for the round, not
necessarily from a specific story, but just using his style, but decided
I'd never finish it in time.

RG - just one of those things I never outgrew from childhood