POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rotating Rotation : Rotating Rotation Server Time
4 Aug 2024 10:18:32 EDT (-0400)
  Rotating Rotation
From: neb
Date: 4 Jun 2003 10:05:01
Message: <web.3eddfbadb46be30fd47c4900@news.povray.org>
Ok, im working on a rubix cube, and I have this problem:

Say I take this object and rotate it by a vector <a,b,c>. Then, I rotate
that entire thing by <x,y,z>.  What is my resulting rotation, were I to
convert the "inner" and "outer" rotations into a single expression? It is
unambiguosly not <a+x,b+y,c+z>, but what is it?

A pointer to a built in funciton would be useful, but more useful would be
the real algorithm.

Thank you all in advance.