POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Mac Video Encoder : Re: Mac Video Encoder Server Time
5 Jul 2024 12:49:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mac Video Encoder
From: neb
Date: 4 Jun 2003 09:55:02
Message: <web.3eddfa0a8c9652abd47c4900@news.povray.org>
>QuickTime?  But of course it depends on in what format you have your data
>and which format you want to encode it to.  Without this information it is
>hard to help you...

I simply want to turn the numbered picture outputs standard to povray into
some browser-friendly video encoding ie foobar0001.pic etc.. into MPEG,
most likely. I dont have quicktime pro, which is needed to encode video. I
might as well spend the 30 or whatever to get it, but if there is a more
immediate solution, I would appreciate it.

I was experimenting with Flash MX, but it does not natively support any of
the .pic .tga that povray outputs, so I would ahve to convert them frame by
frame to .jpg, then import/export to MPG via Flash. That sucks, though./