POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Radiometry, photometry, candela, lux, etc... : Re: Radiometry, photometry, candela, lux, etc... Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:22:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiometry, photometry, candela, lux, etc...
From: Matti Karnaattu
Date: 31 May 2003 09:50:01
Message: <web.3ed8b2a1a14066c984d065310@news.povray.org>
>I want write a GPL python class (mainly to use it in Blender) to
>write a Pov code to make a realistic-physical correct light simulation.

>Can I use your formula?

Of course. I forgot to say.. fade_distance formula works only with flat
light sources.. For omnidirectional light you should set fade_distace to
light source radius.

>Have you a site? Can you explain more?

No, I dont have site. fade_distance formula is derived from circle area.. I
try to explain fade_power formula and give you example code when I have
more time.

Matti