POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Povray Linux installation in Mandrake 9 : Re: Povray Linux installation in Mandrake 9 Server Time
8 Jul 2024 18:15:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray Linux installation in Mandrake 9
From: Loop
Date: 25 May 2003 12:50:01
Message: <web.3ed0f421f8f27bba1279d2580@news.povray.org>
Dear Chris,

All i have done is unzipped the folder which contained Povray, I then
attempted to click on the Povray icon but nothing happended so I tried the
Install icon.  With neither opening anything i then went into the Konsole
(the command prompt i think) and opended the Povray-3.5 folder.  When i
type Povray this seems to run a program, but after displaying a far amount
of text (which is similar to the post from Steve) it ends with the error
message that i wrote in my first post.  I've checked the .ini file and the
configuration seems fine, I've done the things Steve suggested and still
nothing seems to happen.  I;ve had someone who knows about Linux and Povray
to have a look at it and they're mystified by the error.  I was just
wondering if anyone else out there has encountered the same problem.

Cheers for your time and comments.