POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Strange behaviour with image map : Re: Strange behaviour with image map Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:22:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Strange behaviour with image map
From: Steely
Date: 20 May 2003 20:20:02
Message: <web.3ecac3298d617b6caacd52b00@news.povray.org>
ABX wrote:
>On Tue, 20 May 2003 08:30:24 EDT, "Steely" <Rob### [at] hamburgde> wrote:
>> I think, although it´s not a box (planar) surface, there must be a way to
>> have total control over the size and position of the image, but how ?
>
>One of uv_mapping, map_type, warp{spherical ...} or all together.

1) when using uv_mapping, I got an error message saying "cannot layer over a
patterned texture" although the first texture is a simgle pigment ;-(

1a) when putting the image as first texture and the SeaGreen as second, i
get the SeaGreen and loose the image :-(

1b) as far I know I cannot change the layered texture and use a pigment map
instead, also, I cannot use a texture map because all this need float

so on, this means, I *have to* use a layered texture, right, too ?

2) map type will not work, because it wraps the image from "north pole to
south pole" as the documentation says, "regardless of any scaling"  - I
have tried it, the documentation is right :-(

3) warp will not work because it shows strange effects when scaling  - If I
were  able to explain that, maybe I would not need to ask in *newusers* ;-)

Would it be possible to be pointed to somebodys gallery who has done this
before with success or to get a single line of code that will show how it
works before I spend two more nights on this?

Thanks

R.