POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Strange behaviour with image map : Re: Strange behaviour with image map Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:35:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Strange behaviour with image map
From: Steely
Date: 20 May 2003 08:35:04
Message: <web.3eca1eb28d617b6c445663de0@news.povray.org>
Hughes, B. wrote:
>You never centered it. The image_map default, being planar, positions it
>from <0,0,-~> to <1,1,+~> and I'm using tilde (~) here to say infinite. So I
>guess what has happened there is that you are rotating it from the
>lower-left corner which is also at the center of the sphere.

Ok, have a bit patience with me, I try to understand that ...

I guess, you want me to do as following: translating the sphere +0.5, so
that not the sphere is centered, but the image will be centered over the
nose, it extends from the nose in both, -x and +x, directions. And really,

and rotating the image, I (seem to) have no control over the image,
especially when scaling it smaller than 0.5 it does not behave as expected.

have total control over the size and position of the image, but how ?

Thanks

R.