POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : [Announcement] TesselSphere: an OpenGL spherical tesselation program : [Announcement] TesselSphere: an OpenGL spherical tesselation program Server Time
26 Apr 2024 15:43:01 EDT (-0400)
  [Announcement] TesselSphere: an OpenGL spherical tesselation program
From: Nicholas Shea
Date: 15 May 2003 03:55:05
Message: <web.3ec347a62ca85ef9ff884c60@news.povray.org>
The original purpose for coding TesselSphere was to generate vertexia for
rendering pollen, viruses and radiolaria. As an artist I had always been
fascinated with these forms but aquiring the mathematical skills to model
them was a challange. Over time, I amassed various utilities in C, C++,
Java and POV-Ray scene description language. Some were GNU programs
downloaded from the net, others I had coded myself. My dream was to
integrate them into one interactive program with a good UI that did it all.
TesselSphere is the result. It has gone through many incarnations and is
still evolving. Much time and effort has gone into TesselSphere; I hope it
proves useful...

Features

1. Particle, geodesic (tetrahedral, octahedral, icosahedral) and Kaleido
subdivision.
2. Output formats: OBJ, VRML, POV-Ray 3.5 and RAW.
3. Delaunay and Voronoi hulls: real-time morphs and cell separations (via
vertex splitting).
4. Delaunay and Voronoi hulls: cell stellations.

6. Display options: separate attribute colouring (facet/cell, vertex and
edge - random colours or fixed).

You can find out about TesselSphere via the link on my home page:

www.geocities.com/nicholasshea

TesselSphere will be released mid 2003. Any feedback, feature requests or
suggestions would be appreciated. Many thanks,

Nicholas Shea