POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : help! stuck with a conical flask : Re: help! stuck with a conical flask Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:24:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: help! stuck with a conical flask
From: Rohan Bernett
Date: 20 Apr 2003 00:10:05
Message: <web.3ea21ccff0bfe71b2b7fcb400@news.povray.org>
Richard wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I'm very new to POV-Ray, and for my first project I'm trying to use it to
>create a picture of a conical flask, made out of glass. The base is a
>torus, the body a cone, and the neck a cylinder. The problem is, it doesn't
>look very realistic!

Well, speaking of making glass bottles, I want to make a square bottle with
rounded edges and joins, but I can't figure out how to make a curved join
for the cylindrical neck. I'm using a scaled superellipsoid for the main
part of the bottle, and a a cylinder for the neck. anyone have any ideas?

Rohan _e_ii