POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : very strange... : Re: very strange... Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:22:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: very strange...
From: Renderdog
Date: 31 Mar 2003 13:15:09
Message: <web.3e888445a5ba7c7ec48bf360@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote:
>This is exactly what i meant.  You should check what things you have
>changed and then you will find the problem.

I would be interested if you find a reason for this. I recently
experienced a similar problem. The file renders fine on my Mac,
but a height field is very noisy when the same file is rendered
on a unix machine. I assume it has something to do with the fact
that I do not have all the right versions of the image include
files (when I compiled the latest unix version), but it's odd
because I thought it had rendered them fine before, and the code
does compile (seemingly) okay.