POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Has anyone else noticed... : Re: Has anyone else noticed... Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:12:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Has anyone else noticed...
From: Renderdog
Date: 28 Mar 2003 01:45:06
Message: <web.3e83ef135fea5aab848a6890@news.povray.org>
Slime wrote:
>Maybe this has been brought up before, but I've never seen it mentioned.
>Probably Gilles Tran has noticed it, at least.
>
>Did anyone else notice that in The Wet Bird, the tall building in the
>background (empire state?) casts a shadow on the sky?
>
>Its point is sticking into the solid sky and there's a shadow coming from
>that point as though there's a light source down and to the left.
>
>Maybe I'm seeing things too =) Just a bit of trivia, anyway. Certainly
>doesn't make the image less cool.

I don't see a shadow, but I've always noticed (and appreciated) what I
interpreted as a wind contrail going left and slightly up from the tip of
the Chrysler building. One of the many minor touches that gives the image
atmosphere and realism, but it's subtle and I've never been sure if that's
what it is.

The wet bird facinated me and drew me to POV-Ray. Many people take it to be
a photo. I recently purchased a large print from Zazzle and it looks great!