POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Storing object rotation : Storing object rotation Server Time
8 Jul 2024 12:19:42 EDT (-0400)
  Storing object rotation
From: Phil Brewer
Date: 17 Mar 2003 20:15:02
Message: <web.3e7672e49548d7897308d530@news.povray.org>
I have an animation of a ball rolling on an arbitrary surface. I'm using the
normal force on the ball to induce an acceleration and create movement.
That works great, the problem come when I try and make the ball "roll"
realistically. The problem is that the axis that the ball needs to rotate
around is constantly changing.

In effect I have a new rotation step added every frame around an arbitrary
axis. Does anyone have an idea of how to store an rotational "state" for my
ball that I can call during the next frame and add to?

Any help would be great.

-Phil