POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : flourecent light : Re: flourecent light Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:17:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: flourecent light
From: Jettero Heller
Date: 11 Mar 2003 11:50:09
Message: <web.3e6e12d5a86da821a3d219970@news.povray.org>
>  That should be cylinder { <0, -light_len/2, 0> <0, light_len/2, 0>
>but everything else looked ok to me (didn't test, though).

Cool, so the light-line goes half one way and half the other along the
vector.

How can I tell which orientation the line of lights follow?  I mean, I did
the 10, 1, and 1, 10... there's definitely a difference, but it's hard to
put my finger on it.

I'm particularly interested in knowing for sure that the light get's
translated and rotated along with the cylinder as expected.  So if I want
the light bulb to "start" and one end I can do this?

#declare light = light_source {
    #local lr = light_rad/2;
    #local ll = light_len/2;

    <0, 0, 0> light_clr

    area_light <0, light_len, 0> <0, 0, 0.1>, 10, 1

    fade_distance  30
    fade_power      1

    looks_like {
        object {
            cylinder { <0, -ll, 0> <0, ll, 0> lr finish { ambient 1 } }
            pigment  { light_clr }
        }
    }

    translate <0, ll, 0>