POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : flourecent light : flourecent light Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:15:55 EDT (-0400)
  flourecent light
From: Jettero Heller
Date: 11 Mar 2003 11:20:03
Message: <web.3e6e0b4e4e36019da3d219970@news.povray.org>
I'm having a hard time telling where my light is in relation to the
cylinder...
This is an amaturish attempt to make a flourescent light.  I later rotate
the light into place like so:

object { lightbulb translate <1,2,3> rotate <1,2,3> }

Is this doing what I hope?  I hope that I'm making a line shaped light
source down the middle of the cylinder.  Btw, the rediculous fade is so I
can see where it hits the walls.

#declare lightbulb = light_source {
    <0, 0, 0> light_clr

    area_light <0, light_len, 0> <0, 0, 0.1>, 10, 1

    fade_distance  30
    fade_power      1

    looks_like {
        object {
            #local lr = light_rad/2;
            cylinder { <0, 0, 0> <0, light_len, 0> lr finish { ambient 1 } }
            pigment  { light_clr }
        }
    }
}