POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ANNOUNCE: StereoPOV 0.2 : Re: ANNOUNCE: StereoPOV 0.2 Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:20:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ANNOUNCE: StereoPOV 0.2
From: Ichthyostega
Date: 4 Mar 2003 07:45:13
Message: <web.3e649f656be794dfd4066d4e0@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> Christoph Hormann's BALCONY.pov in 3D.
>
>  By the way, I think that it could be a good idea to render it with the
>proper aspect ratio (I think there's a comment about this at the beginning
>of the file in question).

I didn't change anything with the camera definition besides adding
stereo parameters.

It rather seems that I made a mistake afterwards while resizing
and converting the rendered Image. I'll correct this!

You should note though, that for distant objects (e.g. the cliffs at the
left side of "balcony") there allways will be some noticable difference
in horizontal direction, when compared with a mono image with the same
camera parameters. This is because the right eye can "look a bit round
the corner" at the left image border and vice versa.