POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : ANNOUNCE: StereoPOV 0.2 : Re: ANNOUNCE: StereoPOV 0.2 Server Time
30 Jun 2024 19:49:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ANNOUNCE: StereoPOV 0.2
From: Ichthyostega
Date: 3 Mar 2003 05:55:02
Message: <web.3e6330636be794dfd4066d4e0@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

>Ichthyostega wrote:
>>
>> finally, after a long delay caused by much work to be done for other
>> projects, I am now ready to announce the next release of my patch
>
>First of all please read the cross-posting guidelines in p.a.f-a-q.
At the moment, I can only use the web interface, because I am
behind a firewall (and have no internet at home at the moment).
I found no possibility to set the folluwup-to header. My apologies!

>Looks interesting, the lack of vista buffer will lead to a significant
>slowdown in a lot of scenes though.

Problem is, I use a feature often refered to as "natural stereoscopic
window". For this, the direction-vector is no longer perpendicular to
the up and right vector. (converving optical axes)
Do you see any chances to get vista buffer working in spite of this?

For the non-standard cameras, esp. panoramic and "spherical", which
are rather important for me, I can't use vista buffer anyway.

>> [...]
>> And I couldn't resist to trace Christoph Hormann's
>> BALCONY.pov in 3D.
>
>You can do so but *please* render it with correct aspect ratio then!

Did I? If so - sorry!
I'll recheck this, when I am at home and make a new render.

Btw: I recently took stereo slides from the computer monitor.
Your scene looks quite impressive when viewed 3D on a 2m slide
projection screen!

Hermann