POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : [REQUEST]Java API for getting status information searched : [REQUEST]Java API for getting status information searched Server Time
1 Jul 2024 02:14:04 EDT (-0400)
  [REQUEST]Java API for getting status information searched
From: norbert
Date: 16 Feb 2003 08:20:02
Message: <web.3e4f8f8d95e2410e666485f50@news.povray.org>
Hello,
I hope I am in the right group.
My question: Is there anywhere a possibility to get the status information
of a currently rendered image?
I am looking for some information of type "78% rendered" or something
similar.

What I want to do is writing a java application which can start a povray
rendering and get the result in any way. What would be very helpful is a
kind of a remote control and information API fpr java - know what I mean?

I have read the news for a couple of hours, but could not find any helpful
hint.
I read the discussion with Andrew Wilcox
(http://news.povray.org/povray.windows/27227/)
and the question of Chuck Roberts
(http://news.povray.org/povray.windows/30395/), but unfortunately I haven't
found any code.
Have I to write it myself or is there any java programming interface around.

Any help or link or hint would be nice.

norbert