POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Transparent media for volume rendering : Re: Transparent media for volume rendering Server Time
4 Aug 2024 20:12:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transparent media for volume rendering
From: Rob Smallshire
Date: 12 Feb 2003 08:40:05
Message: <web.3e4a4db764ac950035ea56ad0@news.povray.org>
>Are the boxes the same for each media? (same position, same dimensions).

In the general case the boxes are in different positions but intersect in
3-D with varying amounts of overlap.  The boxes are unlikely to have
exactly the same position and dimensions and this is not the case in any of
my examples.

The problem seems to manifest itself where the boxes overlap in 3-space,
although it could also be where they overlap on the image plane - its
difficult to tell which. I'll try to resolve this one and report back.

Thanks for the tip about max_trace_level - I'll try this too.

Regards,

Rob Smallshire