POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Object Import ??? : Re: Object Import ??? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:23:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object Import ???
From: Tony LaVigne
Date: 11 Feb 2003 09:30:08
Message: <web.3e49076b2475f659deb1096a0@news.povray.org>
hughes, b. wrote:
>"patrick" <pat### [at] lueschernet> wrote in message
>> all my effort to get an object nicely into PovRay was unsuccessful.
>> I tried the "ppModeler" but the best I got...
>>
>> Please have a look at http://www.luescher.net/pov/
>> I made a small site with my question.
>
>Perhaps the important thing to try would be keyword double_illuminate in the
>obects statement. It looks to me that the object has surface normals facing
>various directions. Not positive that is the reason for the appearance but
>it's worth a try.

Hughes has a good point.  It may help to post your pov code at your link.
I'm not a PovRay Guru but there are others that love to find the bugs in
the code.
 Where are the light sources located?  It may help you to add a PovRay
Sphere  or other simple object that you know renders well to see if the
problem is your environment or your object.
Tony
xen### [at] xenomechanicscom