POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Media emission as true light source? : Re: Media emission as true light source? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 04:14:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media emission as true light source?
From: Neil Conway
Date: 5 Feb 2003 09:40:06
Message: <web.3e412134c7b69b7a1c4fca030@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>Nathan Kopp <pov### [at] nkoppmailshellcom> wrote:
>> 1) Lack of specular & phong highlights.
>
>  Making the surfaces a bit reflective, and specially playing with the
>reflection exponent should help a lot with this.

Well, you've clearly had practice :-))

(Several other people have also added points about reflections - thanks
folks.)

To add more coal to the fire, I have just browsed the first few pictures in
your gallery (wow!).  I see your first picture (Juice.jpg) has what look
exactly like specular reflections from the surface of the glass sheet on
the table, not to mention highlights on the drinking vessels.  Then,
looking at the hourglass picture, I see a mirror !?  I had thought this was
exactly what the manual said wasn't possible...
The mirror shows a reflection of the rear side of the hourglass etc.  Was
this "real" or did you have to cheat by making additional objects (or a
composite picture)?

Nice one :-)

Neil