POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Radiosity, Lights and ambient : Re: Radiosity, Lights and ambient Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:18:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity, Lights and ambient
From: gonzo
Date: 27 Jan 2003 16:30:05
Message: <web.3e35a42d7108bb88a0c272b50@news.povray.org>
>Well, how should it look like...hard to describe.
>It should look like a white machine on white floor with white background.
>Now you may say that's like drawing with a white colored pencil on white
>paper. But in reality the light intensity is always a bit different from
>every side i.e. you always see shadows and different tints in a perspective
>view. And I think here is the difficult thing. How to give it the look of a
>white (and not gray) machine but on the same time still be able to see
>edges, shapes and contrast to the background.
>If you like look at this (real) foto, that's what I'm looking for:
>http://home.tiscalinet.ch/christoph.boos/pov/studer.gif

Keep in mind, that "photograph" has probably had the machine pasted into the
white background in a paint program, particularly since the reflective
parts show darker shapes.  So try putting some other colors or textures
around the perimeter, out of view of the camera.  Radiosity will react to
it even if it's not visible in the scene.

In real life, I've never seen a completely white room.