POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Radiosity, Lights and ambient : Re: Radiosity, Lights and ambient Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:18:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity, Lights and ambient
From: Christoph
Date: 27 Jan 2003 07:30:05
Message: <web.3e3525e47108bb888c01fc670@news.povray.org>
hughes, b. wrote:
>Arg! I left out the fact that I had also changed the sky_sphere to:
>
>sky_sphere {

Aha... I think I get the idea. This could help...

>I got a decent render by lowering diffuse to 0.7 and with the setup below, I
>just am not sure what it should look like exactly.

Well, how should it look like...hard to describe.
It should look like a white machine on white floor with white background.
Now you may say that's like drawing with a white colored pencil on white
paper. But in reality the light intensity is always a bit different from
every side i.e. you always see shadows and different tints in a perspective
view. And I think here is the difficult thing. How to give it the look of a
white (and not gray) machine but on the same time still be able to see
edges, shapes and contrast to the background.
If you like look at this (real) foto, that's what I'm looking for:
http://home.tiscalinet.ch/christoph.boos/pov/studer.gif

>Only that your rendering had a oversaturation.
That means?

Thanks for your help
Christoph