POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Quaternions and POVray : Quaternions and POVray Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:21:30 EDT (-0400)
  Quaternions and POVray
From: spl
Date: 17 Jan 2003 19:20:03
Message: <web.3e289ca2cc28d37c28b61af20@news.povray.org>
I'd like to use quaternions to describe rotations within POVray.

I was wondering if anyone else had done so before I launch into
trying to generate macros to do mulitplications, slerps, convert
quaternions to matrices, and so forth.

Has anyone else done this and/or do they have any macros they'd
be willing to share?

I know that there is quaternion support in the Julia fractal object
but that's not what I'm looking for.

Of course, in my heart of hearts, I'd like to see direct quaternion
support in POVray but I realize that may be some time in the future,
if ever.

Thanx.

       spl