POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : # of objects in a model : Re: # of objects in a model Server Time
5 Aug 2024 00:20:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: # of objects in a model
From: gonzo
Date: 17 Jan 2003 03:00:06
Message: <web.3e27b6e267d12d4d3f329d050@news.povray.org>
Mark Wagner wrote:
>On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 16:59:55 -0500, gonzo quoth:
>
>In order to do this, you'll need to replace all "difference",
>"intersection", and "merge" keywords with "union", then render.

That's about what I was figuring from reading the above. I could tell it had
something to do with the CSG operations but wasn't sure which ones...

>A "frame level" object is any object that is in the "top level" of the
>scene; that is, not part of a difference, merge, or intersection, and that
>is not a bounding or clipping object.

Ok, that's clearer. That explains why I could add a macro and the number
went down.

Thanks much everybody!

I had tried modeling things like this in other programs, but it got too
complex in a hurry. Thanks to POV it's now possible! WHEEEEEE!!!!

RG - just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean everyone's not out to get me