POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Qwextions about area_light : Re: Qwextions about area_light Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:20:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Qwextions about area_light
From: Twitcher
Date: 12 Jan 2003 17:55:02
Message: <web.3e21f23152298e3c6bd7db0f0@news.povray.org>
i decided to use an area_light with a light bulb i made to try and
realistically light my scene. the main spherical part light bulb has a
radius of about 0.7 units. but when i set the area_light's two axises to
0.7 i got a parse error: Attempt to malloc zero size block: (File
...\..\source\point.cpp Line: 657)

here's the code for the light_source that gave me the problem;

light_source{
<0,6.6,0>1
area_light
x,z,1,1
fade_distance 10
fade_power 0.25
}

it works fine as long as the area_light's axises are at least 1 unit in
size. i dont know if this is a bug or not, so i thought i'd ask.