POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : image browsers : image browsers Server Time
5 Aug 2024 00:22:12 EDT (-0400)
  image browsers
From: Jim
Date: 9 Jan 2003 11:10:11
Message: <web.3e1d9e507d32871a2403859f0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

   Recently I've discovered that the two image browsers I use in conjunction
with graphics work (Irfanview, Xnview) do not seem to follow image format
protocols exactly. This results in unrecognized image files, distorted
images, and incorrect data in the "image information" function.
   Most notably, the number of grays in a 16-bit png, pgm or other format,
is reported as 255 or 156. Some image displayed correctly in one browser
are distorted in another.
   Does anyone know of a software program which is known for its accuracy
in recognizing, displaying, and reporting of image data? And that covers a
wide range of formats?

                                      Thanks,
                                       Jim