POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : alittle assistance? : alittle assistance? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:20:05 EDT (-0400)
  alittle assistance?
From: Velda
Date: 8 Jan 2003 23:00:09
Message: <web.3e1cf2eaf9fef28b847551d50@news.povray.org>
I have been playing around with POV-Ray for a while now. Nothing too
complex. Well, nothing complex at all really, i have trouble wrapping my
mind around the program and all of its code.

The sole reason im even learning this application is so i can duplicate a
wallpaper that was posted a few years ago in a computer forum, along with
its script. I really liked it, which is rare because i have a strange taste
in wallpapers. Recently i switched over to a dual monitor system, with
higher resolutions, and this old wallpaper just doesnt hold water anymore.
Its resolution is too low, and id prefer to stretch it over both screens.

I searched the forum it was posted on, but the thread it was posted in was
lost a long time ago during a crash. Posts trying to find the creator have
left me with no response and a feeling of desperation.

I was wondering if anyone here could help lead me in the direction of this
image. Im not looking for someone to do it for me, tho that would be
useful, im just trying to find a little assistance in understanding the
image and how it is composed. Perhaps examples of similar work would open
my eyes. I work much better with tweaking existing scripts than generating
them from scratch.

Here is a link to the image http://pics.velda.org/bg/Abstract/GrayDots.jpg

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
-Velda