POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bumps with UV mapping : Bumps with UV mapping Server Time
5 Aug 2024 02:24:52 EDT (-0400)
  Bumps with UV mapping
From: Tony LaVigne
Date: 20 Dec 2002 13:55:03
Message: <web.3e03671f1e67b05f88d4e3910@news.povray.org>
Hello,
I have a surface that I've applied a uv mapping to but I cannot get it to
have a bumpy texture.  An example bitmap can be viewed at
http://xenomechanics.com/plate_gallery/temp.html
The code is extensive as it's a mesh2 but texture portion is:

texture { uv_mapping pigment{ image_map { sys "xenoGraffitipad.bmp" } }
                     normal { bumps .1 scale 10 }
        }

In rendering the normal bumps are ignored.  The surrounding surfaces without
uv mapping  cited below is working fine
texture { pigment { color rgb <1,1,1> }
           normal { bumps bumpsA scale scaleA }
        }

The picture shows the uv mapped surface not blending well into the
surrounding bumpy surface.
Can someone tell me if I have made a mistake or if you just cannot have
simulated bumps using normal and UV mapping?
Thanks
Tony

xen### [at] xenomechanicscom