POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : heightfields and DEM and Geotiff : Re: heightfields and DEM and Geotiff Server Time
5 Aug 2024 02:18:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: heightfields and DEM and Geotiff
From: Jim
Date: 19 Dec 2002 23:45:03
Message: <web.3e029fd9785b7ef7e5635a5e0@news.povray.org>
Thanks for your suggestion. I'm considering all possibilities but
consider full scale commercial software a last resort. Perhaps a small
conversion utility, but not elaborate scene visualization packages.
   As for HVR-Edit,  I tried a text file and
the program either gave a black screen or crashed.
   The text file was a simple listing of integer elevation values from
an ArcInfo Ascii export, with the header removed and all decimals
converted to integers and "nodata" areas replaced with zeros.
   The elevation values (448-1100) were separated by spaces with
467 values per line (height) and 379 lines (width).
   Do I presume the input file needs to be in binary as
opposed to an ASCII text file?

                                Thanks,
                                 Jim