POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Vector functions AAARRRRGGHH!!!!! : Vector functions AAARRRRGGHH!!!!! Server Time
5 Aug 2024 02:24:58 EDT (-0400)
  Vector functions AAARRRRGGHH!!!!!
From: gonzo
Date: 18 Dec 2002 17:10:05
Message: <web.3e00ef7bd58b93e5332079d0@news.povray.org>
I've been trying to write some macros that need to analyze vectors and
perform operations on them, but, having absolutely no math background
whatsoever, I am getting way lost in the function explanations in the docs.

Is there somewhere I can find explanations and/or examples of them that are
understandable by us regular folk?

Along the same lines, it's obvious that a little trig could go a long way in
POV. Can someone recommend a beginning book or reference on trigonometric
functions that can be handled by a non-mathmatical sub-genious? Something
that at least explains all the terms used in the docs?

RG - Dammit Jim, I'm an artist not a mathmetician!