POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Media - Dust in room : Re: Media - Dust in room Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:25:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media - Dust in room
From: gonzo
Date: 15 Dec 2002 15:30:04
Message: <web.3dfce56c2bf0a9619af8ec6b0@news.povray.org>
Admiral Justin wrote:
>I have seen many of the pictures using media to simulate particulate
>matter in the air, like a sunbeam entering a dusty room, but I have not
>been able to reproduce that effect.
>
>What happens is either I don't see any effect, or the entire scene
>becomes one giant gray mass.

Well, without knowing what you tried its hard to guess why it didn't work,
but for a scene like your example of a sunbeam in a dusty room, usually
there has to be something tomake the effect visible, i.e. an object that
casts a shadow in the sunbeam.

The effect is not the sunbeam or the media, its the shadows cast through it.

RG - if God had intended man to fly, we'd all have been born with FAA
certification