POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : random shapes : random shapes Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:23:16 EDT (-0400)
  random shapes
From: Lenx
Date: 11 Dec 2002 09:05:03
Message: <web.3df745389915702cde2a6cfb0@news.povray.org>
is there a way to make some boxes with a simple loop, but each box must have
one surface that is a bit rotated realative to the box. I thougt of making
a box and then substract another box from it. The other box needs a random
rotation (a few degrees) for each box made in the loop.

difference{
   box ( <0,-1,-1> <2,1,1> )
   box ( <1,-2,-2> <2,2,2> rotate z*...)  //this box needs a random rotation
   }

I don't know if u understand, but what i'm trying to do is get rid of all
those straight & rectangular shapes in my scene (a western barn). i need
randomness & dirt!