POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Shadow not what I expected? : Re: Shadow not what I expected? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 04:21:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shadow not what I expected?
From: David
Date: 9 Dec 2002 00:30:04
Message: <web.3df429c35b81797efff4d2090@news.povray.org>
Since you are using a gap to separate the liquid and the glass, the caustics
are very sensitive to the IOR values.  The light may be "stuck" between the
liquid and the glass, or it may just be refracted sharply downward by the
high IOR of the liquid.  I would reduce the IOR of the liquid to 0, and
reduce the IOR of the glass a bit also.  Then, you will see the caustic
more profoundly.

David Diel

ddi### [at] mitedu