POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : System Optimizations : Re: System Optimizations Server Time
5 Aug 2024 04:19:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: System Optimizations
From: Rohan Bernett
Date: 28 Nov 2002 22:35:03
Message: <web.3de6df0849f95bdcc571aa6c0@news.povray.org>
Le Forgeron wrote:
>earthdog wrote:
>
>> Are there any changes and/or optimizations
>> to bios, processes, etc. that need to be made to bring these numbers up?

Good question. Does WinPOV support any cpu optimizations, such as SSE or
SSE2? I know in the q&t section of the help, it says that 3dnow is not
supported, but is anything else supported? And out of curiosity, has anyone
made a 64bit Windows compile of povray?

>Avoid XP ?
>(AMD XP are fine, M$ XP is not...)

I wouldn't say Windows XP is that bad. I've actually grown rather fond of it
since upgrading from Win98, except for the fact that some of my old
software doesn't work (eg Driver).

Rohan _e_ii