POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Advice on creating better textures : Advice on creating better textures Server Time
5 Aug 2024 04:20:14 EDT (-0400)
  Advice on creating better textures
From: princeofgonville
Date: 22 Nov 2002 12:30:07
Message: <web.3dde6891452754514cc4564a0@news.povray.org>
Hello everyone,

Can anyone give some hints on how they go about creating realistic-looking
textures? I'd like to do something like rusty steel peeping out beneath
cracked weathered paint - without using an image-map (am I mad?). Obviously
I'm going to need some form of layered texture. But where does one start?
How do you choose the right colours?

Thanks
PrinceofGonville (www.wis.co.uk/justin)
keeper of
dmoz.org/Computers/Software/Graphics/3D/Animation_and_Design_Tools/POV_Ray/