POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Wallpaper/background : Re: Wallpaper/background Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:15:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wallpaper/background
From: gonzo
Date: 21 Nov 2002 16:15:09
Message: <web.3ddd4c7254c2b915a0c272b50@news.povray.org>
Christopher James Huff wrote:
>In article <3ddcaf51[at]news.povray.org>,
> Philippe Debar <phd### [at] wanadoobe> wrote:
>
>> * backdrop alone  in a light_group (but I do not know if this works with
>> ambient light emmission in radiosity).
>
>I don't think that will have any effect at all.

I just did this in a scene I'm working on and it seemed to work fine. I had
a background that I wanted to illuminate with a colored light, but didn't
want the colored light or background to influence the radiosity, so I made
the light & background a light_group with global lights turned off, and it
seems to do exactly what I wanted.