POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : DXF conversion to Mesh2 : Re: DXF conversion to Mesh2 Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:16:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DXF conversion to Mesh2
From: Tony LaVigne
Date: 11 Nov 2002 23:50:10
Message: <web.3dd088283cbc0e2b88d4e3910@news.povray.org>
jfmiller wrote:
>I'm sure that after using POV for more then a year I should know this, but I
>just got my copy of Blender and prior to this I've not had access to any
>type of mesh beased modler.
>
>Question:  How do I convert a mesh that I created in Blender to a POVRay
>mesh2 object?
>
>I'm assuming I need a third party software package,  If that is the case
>Working URLs would be greatly appricieated.
>
>JFMILLER

Although the software "Ulitimate Unwrap3d"  specializes in UV mapping, I use
it all the time for converting alien (my home is the planet POV-RAY, 2 suns
& 3 moons sources and a hell of a landscape) formats to mesh2 macros. The
link is,
http://www.unwrap3d.com/
Personally I use Pro-E so I've never imported AutoCad dxf files but I'd be
suprised if it didn't convert it correctly.

To save to POV-RAY will probably cost you under $30.00
If this is a concern e-mail me your dxf file and I'll e-mail you the
mesh2 macro to see if it accomadates you.
Good Luck
Tony

xen### [at] xenomechanicscom