POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Help with Isosurface function... : Re: Help with Isosurface function... Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:20:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help with Isosurface function...
From: Tony LaVigne
Date: 8 Nov 2002 22:40:06
Message: <web.3dcc82fdbd54aab388d4e3910@news.povray.org>
Mark Hanford wrote:
>I've been trying to make scene involving plowed fields, and am
>currently using a height-field made from a gradient-x pattern with a
>bit of tiny bozo noise over the top, all of which is then scaled
><1500,25,1000>.  This results in a nice rough brown ridged surface a
>bit like corrugated tin roofing /\/\/\/\/\/\.
>
>What I did next was ditch the hf, as I need a bit of hillysillyness,
*snip*
>I've tried combinations of these, but due to too much guesswork and
>not enough understanding (yet) of ISO's, I've been having trouble :(

Sorry about the last post, it got away from me...
Are you opposed to using a mesh2 instead of an isosurface?
It could be just me but I find the isosurfaces extremely hard to control
(and that is part of the beauty of POV-RAY)
The code may be more lengthly but I've found it parses much faster and it's
not as buggy.
I can post a mesh2 version of your function if you'd find it useful.
Thanks
Tony

xen### [at] xenomechanicscom