POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : sunpos.inc and sunrise, sunset : Re: sunpos.inc and sunrise, sunset Server Time
8 Jul 2024 15:51:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sunpos.inc and sunrise, sunset
From: davidafisher
Date: 2 Nov 2002 15:55:08
Message: <web.3dc43ab9dccea13167ebf1b60@news.povray.org>
Neat ideas.

You are right I've been using a ground plane. The sphere approach would
probably work even with horizon features such as mountains etc. As there's
no plane there's no cutoff (except objects getting in the way of course).

The multiple light source sounds good but thats going to take some
computation due to the addition of horizon features.

I did think of using a disc placed as a reflector behind the light source?

but I'll give the sphere a go!

I let you know what happens!

David